Harry and Meghan's security arrangements a private matter, PM says
BBCSecurity arrangements for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their return to the UK are a "private matter," Prime Minister Andy Burnham has said.
He added: "It's a matter for Harry and for Meghan, and we wish them well in the move that they are making."
It comes after it emerged that Prince Harry and Meghan intend to relocate with their children from the US to the UK later this month to a private, non-royal residence outside London.
Security for the couple has long been a point of tension, with Prince Harry losing a legal challenge over the levels of security he and his family are entitled to while in the UK last year.
The couple's children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled to start at a British school in September.
King Charles was told of the move on Sunday. There are no current plans for either Prince Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working royals.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
You can receive Breaking News on a smartphone or tablet via the BBC News App. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on X to get the latest alerts.
